Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Brick and Morter Stores

Magic stores are vanishing, might this be a repository of memories, photos and stories? You youngsters did miss out.

Carol's Magic in Romney, WV 1960's

Upstairs Strip Mall Magic Store in Greenville, SC 1970's (So Sorry I don't remember name, kind man)

LaRock's in Charlotte, NC 1980's

The Biltmore Magic Co. Asheville, NC 1990's

There was a magic store at the Peachtree in Atlanta in the 90's that looked like a library. Very discrete. Don't remember name!

I hope you get my point.

Cheers and looking forward!

Tim Askin has reacted to this post.
Tim Askin

Wow, there's some memories!

>Upstairs Strip Mall Magic Store in Greenville, SC 1970's (So Sorry I don't remember name, kind man
I lived in Greenville in the 70s (I was 10) and recall driving by that store but my folks would never take me in there.
Was that Jerry Mentzer's store? I dunno.

>LaRock's in Charlotte, NC 1980's
LaRock's was the first magic shop I ever worked in... fall of 1987 if memory serves correct. I had just wrapped up a season at Carowinds and Larry hired me for the Halloween / Xmas season :)

Mike Long has reacted to this post.
Mike Long

Friend, if that was Jerry Mentzer, he was he was one patient man! Mom would drop me off on Saturdays once a month and leave me there from 10am till 4pm with 5 bucks! That Man Was a Saint! lol. Sold me "Cascade" and taught me the Elmsley.

Cheers!

Doug Conn has reacted to this post.
Doug Conn

Daytona Magic Company is still open in....you guessed it....Daytona Beach, FL.  Harry Allen has operated the store for quite a while from what i hear (old guy here but new to the game).  I try to go buy something whenever i am nearby.

Mike Long has reacted to this post.
Mike Long

There's lots of ways to learn!
 Check Out Our Classroom!

>