Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Editing Forum Profile Page

Hey Doug,

I'm not able to update my forum profile page at thw following URL:

https://learnsleightofhand.com/forum/profile/username/

Also, my username appears to display as my registered email address in the link. Although this doesn't bother me, some users might not want to share their email address in this way.

Thanks!

Marty

Nicholas and Dante have reacted to this post.
NicholasDante

Maybe I'm just being paranoid but I'd like to change my username so it's not my personal email address. If it's too much trouble on the backend and since I don't have much history here, is it easier to delete my current account and create a new one in a way that an email isn't displayed as a username?

I think this is on Doug's list of things to look at. As it stands, there's no way to change your username, even if you do delete your account and re-register. It will default to your email address.

Although, I guess you could use a disposable/protection email address from a site like Duck Duck Go: https://duckduckgo.com/duckduckgo-help-pages/email-protection/duck-addresses/.

Marty

Quote from Dante on July 12, 2024, 9:27 pm

Maybe I'm just being paranoid but I'd like to change my username so it's not my personal email address. If it's too much trouble on the backend and since I don't have much history here, is it easier to delete my current account and create a new one in a way that an email isn't displayed as a username?

I'm trying to find a good solution to this (the last plugin I installed messed with the courses, so that was a fun waste of time) This fix is a priority and I'll get things sorted soon as I want folks to enjoy this space to the fullest. Thanks for your patience and perhaps I can look into changing things manually on the back end as needed... but I'm hoping to go a different direction and give you the power to adjust things. I'll figure it out :)

There's lots of ways to learn!
 Check Out Our Classroom!

>