Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Lemme have it!

Page 1 of 2Next

I appreciate you all joining during this beta period & expect there to be plenty of issues for the first couple weeks.
Ify you could please:
Please leave a note if/when you run across these issues
A page link would be helpful and from there, just point me in the direction of the prob.
THANK YOU!

Adonis Berdion has reacted to this post.
Adonis Berdion

Looks great. Logo to home still going to coming soon. And lsoh.org still going to coming soon as well.

great feedback I'm on it, thank ya

• coin course image broke
  • showmanship course is missing a "c" in magic
  • read more articles link is broke at the bottom of the page
  • "item 6" on top of page next to "shop"

and I thought I was being clever by making the title "Showmanship for Magi"
(magi is plural for magicians) I'll mull this one over

fixed the coin image (thank you!)

I'm unsure of that last one...

Open note: a direct link to pages with issues would be super helpful

On the menu, there is a broken link label item6

Quote from Doug Conn on June 30, 2024, 9:04 pm

and I thought I was being clever by making the title "Showmanship for Magi"
(magi is plural for magicians) I'll mull this one over

oh nope I just cant read!

screen shot

I think your site security may be failing you, because it allowed me to register.

I'm all in 😁

So you might want to fix that 😂

Nicholas, Tim Askin and Marty Jacobs have reacted to this post.
NicholasTim AskinMarty Jacobs

LOLOL Welcome in my brother!

Jimmy Talksalot appears to be one of those new AI-powered spam bots. If I were you, Doug, I would ban him before he destroys the place! 😉

Doug Conn has reacted to this post.
Doug Conn

Hey Doug,

I've quickly looked around the site, and it seems solid. Here are a couple of things I noticed:

The "Home" link in the breadcrumb navigation is not aligned with the rest of the links. This is because it is in a separate unordered list. Ideally, the "home" link should be a list item in the same element. This is something that you can probably fix in the theme settings. This support page seems relevant.

On the homepage, you have a "Meet the Teach, click here" label on a button. I'd remove the "click here" text and label it "Meet the Teach" or, better yet, "Meet Doug", as some people might not understand this phrase. I'd keep "Meet the Teach" as a fun title for the page itself. Generally speaking, you should avoid using "click here" text in hyperlinks because it is a bad practice among web designers/developers. Here's what the W3C editors have to say on the topic:

When calling the user to action, use brief but meaningful link text that:

• provides some information when read out of context
  • explains what the link offers
  • doesn't talk about mechanics
  • is not a verb phrase

Their guidance page has examples to illustrate why using "click here" should be avoided. Many designers consider link text to be a form of mystery meat navigation, which goes against User-Centred Design (USD) principles.

I've got family visiting this weekend, but I'll give the site a closer look next week. As you can likely tell, I studied web design at university. I'm more than happy to help you improve the usability of LSOH. I've also been using WP since 2005, so if you get stuck with anything, I'm willing to give you a hand.

Marty

Nicholas has reacted to this post.
Nicholas

Now, that's the real work
Thank you Marty.

Marty Jacobs has reacted to this post.
Marty Jacobs

Broken link in Learn the Si Stebbins Stack

"The item you have requested had an error:"

Hi, Doug.

The site's coming together nicely. Great work!

I noticed a couple issues while perusing the site tonight...one that's probably a quick fix and one that might not be:

The Professor's Nightmare video, under the Sleight of Hand Primer course, returns an error message from YouTube: "An error occurred. Please try again later. (Playback ID: QDZ31GTZaZ0LgGfL)" I'm not up on my YouTube error codes so I can't offer any help on what's causing it, other than a guess that maybe this is a private video and YouTube won't display it when it's embedded on another site?

The other issue is more serious. I know you've used CSS to hide email addresses on forum posts. However, robots and anyone who knows how to view the HTML source of a webpage can easily see everyone's email addresses and use them nefariously. Is it possible to remove email addresses from the pages altogether rather than hide them using CSS? I haven't checked user profile pages yet to see if email addresses can be viewed there.

Thanks!

Doug Conn

Broken Link: Library Page

Terminology for Tricksters

Brush up on your legerdemain linguistics with this list of terms used by sleight of hand artists! Explore the full glossary here and elevate your magical mastery today.

Glossary link is missing, or not yet developed.

Cheers!

Doug Conn

Checkout for Coffee Mug does not recognize shipping options

PRODUCT SUBTOTAL
LSOH Coffee Mug  × 1 $18.00
SUBTOTAL $18.00
SHIPPING There are no shipping options available. Please ensure that your address has been entered correctly, or contact us if you need any help.
TOTAL $18.00

Address is correct and same as at Connjure.com

Cheers!

Doug Conn

Terminology for Tricksters
Brush up on your legerdemain linguistics with this list of terms used by sleight of hand artists! Explore the full glossary here and elevate your magical mastery today.

GET GOODER HERE <---- This link is dead. Leads back to same page. 

P.S. Dang, you're busy!

Cheers!

Doug Conn

Read a Book
Our public library has dozens of classic books on sleight of hand. We feel books are the best way to learn and you can read some of the best here.

DIG IN HERE <-- Link opens new tab. Pix link is fine.

Cheers!

Doug Conn

Shop Tab drop down menu Connjure.com may want to open in a new tab. Connjure.com does not have a Link back to LSOH.org yet.

Gosh I'm a pest! LOL

Cheers!

Doug Conn
Page 1 of 2Next

There's lots of ways to learn!
 Check Out Our Classroom!

>