Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Members Showcase! Wed July 31st 5pm

Members Showcase *date shift

📅 Rescheduled Date: Wednesday, July 31st
Time: 5:00 PM CT
🌐 Location: Online Streamyard,
Register here: https://streamyard.com/watch/Znc6BgTKdBFd

Hey everyone!

I wanted to let you know that our first Members Showcase has been moved to 7/31

This adjustment allows us a couple of weeks between official events, which I believe makes sense and will help everyone be better prepared.

Thank you to everyone who has shown interest in this session!

I'll be making an official announcement about this in our blog, so keep an eye out for more details.

Looking forward to an amazing session with all of you!

Best regards,
Doug Conn

Registration for this event is open now
Register here: https://streamyard.com/watch/Znc6BgTKdBFd

Uploaded files:
  • Member-Showcase.png
Phoenix McDonald and Marty Jacobs have reacted to this post.
Phoenix McDonaldMarty Jacobs

I've seen previews of most/all the material from this weeks upcoming session and methinks we're gonna have a killer event.
Super thanks to everyone who stepped up to the plate and out of your comfort zone and congrats on becoming better magi for it!

See y'all Wed!

Nicholas, Chris Leyden and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
NicholasChris LeydenPhoenix McDonaldTim AskinJesse ChamplinMarty Jacobs

To all who have stepped up, break a leg! I know it’s going to be great, I am down in the Carolinas visiting my folks and unfortunately will not be able to attend. Maybe Doug will put the video up post show like the webinars and I will catch it then. Again good magical vibes to all that participate

Marty Jacobs has reacted to this post.
Marty Jacobs

I messed up the time on this one!  For some reason I thought it was at 6:00 pm local time.  Sounds like it was going to be a good one.  Was it recorded?   Cheers, Ray

Doug Conn and Marty Jacobs have reacted to this post.
Doug ConnMarty Jacobs

Hi Raymond,

Doug has archived the first Members Showcase. Here's the link:

Members Showcase (7/31/24)

You can also read the explanation for "The Jaybird Jump" on my blog:

The Jaybird Jump (Marty's Bag of Tricks)

However, I recommend that you watch Doug's performance and explanation in the video recording before studying the routine in detail. I've added Doug's excellent suggestions to the page for the sake of posterity.

Matthieu's performance of "Aces2Heaven" can be found on his YouTube channel:

Yours Magically,

Marty

Doug Conn and Mike Long have reacted to this post.
Doug ConnMike Long

Thank you Marty!!!
*I'm learning to put the forum into my daily 'to do' rotation (*and obv struggling, but hopeful to change that!)
I appreciate ya picking up my slack here!

I'm more than happy to help, Doug. When you're a one man band, it is easy to spread yourself too thin (with the best intentions, of course). You don't need to be omnipresent in the magic multiverse! No one expects you to do that. Be kind to yourself!

Marty

P.S. Maybe as the forums get busier, you could assign mods to the various sections to encourage discussion (and keep things on the straight and narrow). I don't know if the plugin you're using allows for that, but it might be worth looking into at some point.

Mike Long has reacted to this post.
Mike Long

I've been playing around with Doug's ideas for "The Jaybird Jump", and I have to say, I like them a lot. Taking Doug's lead, I've developed a short card set that takes the magic to the absolute max (set that dial to 11)! 😉 It strings together two variations of DDLT from my notebooks ("The Harlequin Hop" and "The Jaybird Jump") with Doug's four-ace kicker and the card-to-pocket trick I mentioned in the write-up.

Briefly, here's the effect: The magician starts with four Jokers. Two are visually transformed into Jacks. Then DDLT is performed twice (the first time, you're only using four cards, so the methods cancel each other out). The two tabled Jokers then transform into Aces. The Jacks are given a shake and turn back into Jokers, then immediately change into the other two Aces. You finish the routine by performing a very impressive CTP, ending with a card disappearing from a participant's hand and reappearing in your pocket!

In honour of the head honcho at LSOH, I've titled this mini-card act "Daley Conn-coction"! 😉 I'm mentioning this here so that someone will remind me to write this one up. Otherwise, I'll completely forget about it!

Marty

Doug Conn and Mike Kaminski have reacted to this post.
Doug ConnMike Kaminski

There's lots of ways to learn!
 Check Out Our Classroom!

>